Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So we are slowly getting spots filled up for the fall camps. It is more difficult than I thought it would be to get the word out! I have posted flyers at schools and put adverts in PTA directories. The PTAs have been really positive about the website - which gives me hope!

I have been trying to find a contact at Fairfax County to pitch my ideas to, but it is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I've had some more ideas for camps. I thought we could run a Land Art camp, get students to work outdoors investigating their environment, and produce work related to it. Also, I like the idea of medieval and gothic art camp - making gargoyles etc. Amy and I are Harry Potter addicts. Maybe we should just have a Harry-Potter-watching-camp? Only kidding!

With all this shameless self marketing, I have hardly had any time to work on the illustrations for the book. I'll post some images when I get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment